Usefulness of Patterns and Personalities
in Designing Better Converting Websites
Various search patterns and personalities are in operation while visitors are browsing a web site. As such, it is important for web development Toronto firms to remain aware of these search personalities so that websites can be developed which would be able to draw user's attention as well as get expected number of conversions. Our aim here will be to examine these search patterns and personalities.
Role of Search Personalities and Patterns in Website Design
Different Search Patterns
If designers have a clear idea about details visitors are searching for then it will become easier for them to improve design of your site. Here, it will be important for web development Toronto companies to have knowledge of different search patterns which users make use of while browsing a site. These patters are:
- Users Searching for Information: Users come to your site with general idea about information they are looking for and are willing to browse your site to find more details.
- Visitors are Willing to Go to Next Step: These users are interested in having a quick overview of information available on the site. They are primarily looking for CTA elements present on a page to move onto next step.
- Prepared to Purchase: These visitors already have required information about the product and will make an effort to check whether those details are present on your site before making a purchase decision.
These details clearly highlight the fact that users tend to mix these search patterns before buying something online and as such, web development Toronto companies need to analyze these patterns to improve design on your site.
Four Search Personalities
Elements of your website's design users are focusing on largely depends upon search personality they fall into. Thus, by having knowledge of these search personalities designers can considerably improve design of your website and help you attain higher conversions. Let us look at the most common search personalities.
- Users Focusing on Value Proposition: These visitors want to be sure about credibility of a site and its value proposition before making a purchase on the site. Moreover, they want to be sure that buying from your site will be the right thing to do. These visitors generally pay more attention to content present above the fold and try to find text specific to what they want to find on your site as well as skip a lot of content when viewing a web page.
- Spontaneous Users: These users have less time to spend on browsing a site and will try to quickly find required information. While browsing a site they will primarily look for highest selling items on the site.
- Relational Users: User with this type of search personality primarily base their decisions on emotions and relationships. As such, they would try to figure out your site's online personality before taking a decision about purchasing from your website.
Thus to conclude it can be said that web development Toronto companies need to analyze these patterns and personalities to improve design of your site.